Seeking to disprove stereotypes that comics are merely simplistic or juvenile entertainment for the uncultured; to enlighten the open-minded and encourage the broadening of one's horizons; to examine comics as a text; to deepen appreciation for comics, comic books, and graphic novels as a formidable form of art in all cultures.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Meatier Posts to Come

I apologize for the lack of conversation-sparking posts lately. I know what I want to write about, but have been delaying because I don't have a scanner to use for bringing in examples. I may just bite the bullet and settle for snapshots from my digital camera.

I have a couple posts immediately in mind, such as an examination of pacing in comics, and the artistic qualities of text and its juxtaposition with images. Hopefully I'll have something in the next couple days.

1 comment:

Scrumpestuous D said...

Or how about pictures of you holding the examples, as if you were reading them to us? I think that would add a personal touch to the site.